▸ Technical Support Engineer
Are you a curious problem solver? Are you looking for a fun and rewarding opportunity that utilizes your problem-solving skills in support of a socially conscious mission? Quad9 is seeking a technical support engineer to join our team and provide exceptional support. You will be helping end users, enterprises, government agencies, Internet Service Providers, and others to troubleshoot the set-up of recursive DNS service, research false positive reports and investigate user-reported potentially malicious domains. This position is an excellent opportunity to learn the fundamentals of DNS and other mission-critical Internet protocols as well as get a basic understanding of threat intelligence and other core cybersecurity concepts.
- Provide daily support to users of various computer and mobile operating systems including answering questions, analyzing problems, and quickly forming solutions
- Communicate clearly and effectively with end-users, colleagues, and management to promptly resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop training manuals and troubleshooting procedures to help both support personnel and end-users interact properly with Quad9
- Collaborate with technical staff and clients to establish goals and objectives for system improvements and upgrades.
- Create and implement new processes to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Increase personal technical knowledge by reading trade publications, operating manuals, online tutorials, diagnostics information, and attending conferences or seminars when possible
Job Skills & Expertise
- High school diploma and willingness to learn through on-the-job training
- Strong communication skills and ability to remain calm and professional in all circumstances
- Quickly identify problems, form solutions, and execute step-by-step troubleshooting procedures
- User-level of PC and Mac operating systems, a basic understanding of security-related software (firewalls, VPNs, anti-virus, anti-malware)
- User-level knowledge of mobile phone operating systems (iOS and Android)
- Strong written communications skills and ability to write clear step-by-step instructions for user tutorials
- User-level knowledge of online chat and video conferencing systems like Slack, Zoom, Skype, Google Meet
- User-level knowledge of social networking platforms (Twitter, Facebook)
- Bilingual English/Spanish or any other written language in addition to English
- Understanding of tools and relevant output for utilities such as; traceroute, dig, nslookup, mtr, etc.
- Experience working in a GNU/Linux environment
We work as a geographically distributed team with people in many areas. This position is remote, with a preferred location in North America. Communication and project management tools, including Slack, Trello, Google Meet, Zoom, and the Atlassian suite.
The role is 100% remote.
The right candidate must be comfortable and effective working in a virtual environment.
Occasional travel may be required for meetings.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The typical range for this position is $15-17 per hour.
Quad9 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status.
Please submit qualified resumes to email@example.com.